eHarmony is more than traditional Internet dating.
“At eHarmony, we produce more than just dates. Our patented Compatibility Matching System® narrows the field from thousands of single guys or single women to match with a very select group of compatible singles —, singles who have been prescreened on 29 Dimensions® of Compatibility: scientific predictors of long-term relationship success.”
– Extensive matching capabilities
– 29 dimensions of compatibility
eHarmony launched in 2000, and is one of the top online dating services in the world. With a a concentrate on advanced matching —, they’ve even patented the technology —, the eHarmony practice is a unique one. The site uses scientific methods, 29 dimensions of compatibility, and experienced guidance to help find the most compatible matches for you.
All of this does come at a price tho’, as eHarmony is one of the more costly services priced at $59.95 a month for the 1-month option. If you do want a more managed and thorough online dating practice, eHarmony may be right for you.
Getting embarked with the eHarmony questionnaire.
eHarmony’s sign up questionnaire is extensive, but well worth the time for the site’s signature deep compatibility matching. You’ll begin off with the basics —, private information and characteristics. Most of the questionnaire is in a scaled format, for example, answering “least likely” to “most likely.”
Much of eHarmony',s questionnaire format is scaled.
Be ready to response many questions that are similar —, it can get old, but in setting up the questionnaire this way, eHarmony is more likely to get a solid look at your personality.
A few questions are numerous choice. How far would you travel for your match?
So, what sort of questions will you be answering during this extended sign up process?
- Significant qualities you look for in a playmate
- Your private interests and hobbies
- How often you feel certain ways —, ex. depressed, angry, spirited, successful
- Your relationship orientation and values
- Your living abilities —, ex. socializing, entertaining, resolving conflicts
- Your communication style —, ex. understanding, accommodation, passion
Like other online dating websites, you have the option to add numerous photos to your eHarmony profile —, up to 12. eHarmony does require approval for every photo you upload, so be sure to read over their posting guidelines and put your best face forward.
Another useful eHarmony feature is the FotoFlexer, which permits you to crop, rotate, liquidate crimson eye, and auto fix your photos after uploading. You also have the option to upload photos directly from your computer or import from Facebook.
Your eHarmony profile is typical as far as online dating websites go —, you have a photo, basic information, and your interests.
The anatomy of your home page, and your match',s profile.
Plumping Up Your Profile
A nice touch is the addition of the “In My Own Words” section to your profile: These brief reaction format questions go beyond numerous choice.
Let them see beyond the basics.
Add another layer to your profile by packing out the Something To Talk About section. There’s a list of 11 different categories, from Pets to Sports and Leisure —, eHarmony will let you know when a match shares any of your interests.
Something To Talk About: The little things that you have in common.
As a non-subscribing member on eHarmony, you do have more access compared to many online dating sites. You are still limited however —, here’s what you cannot do:
- Very detailed matching
- One of the few sites with more women than guys
- Offers “guided” communication, icebreakers
- Can set visibility of your profile picture
- Extended profiles
- Effortless to use
- More expensive than other sites
- Can only connect with those with a paid membership
- Cannot view any member photos unless subscribed
- Cannot search for members (only through your own matches)
- Matches aren’t instant
The average eHarmony user is a middle-aged white woman without children and who is slightly less affluent than the average person. There are, however, more collage graduates on eHarmony than average.
eHarmony Site Traffic
eHarmony gets about four million visitors a month, which is far above average. Their high traffic can most likely be attributed to their extensive advertising both on- and offline. There is undoubtedly a strong user base on eHarmony, with many possible matches to be made.
Basic lets you view photos and communicate with your matches.
- 1 Month Membership: $59.95/mo
- Trio Month Membership: $44.95/mo
- 6 Month Membership: $33.95/mo
- 12 Month Membership: $23.95/mo
TotalConnect includes a Premium Personality Profile, RelyID, Secure Call, plus all Basic plan features.
- Trio Month Membership: $45.95/mo
- 6 Month Membership: $34.95/mo
- 12 Month Membership: $26.95/mo